Friday, October 16, 2009

How to repair a computer

So my Acer netbook had died and I had to move my internet access to an antique Dell laptop that had insufficient memory to use the important ActiveCaptain site and could not accept my digital photos. Here's how I solved the problem:
- Arrange for good friend Ken Goldsholl in California to Fedex an older computer of his to my niece's address and arrange for said niece (Dr. Michelle Homsher) to meet with me this weekend.
- Only after this process is well underway, get online and Google 'Acer Aspire One is dead'. Find instructions on how to reload the BIOS code to the Acer.
- Spend 4 hours attempting to reload BIOS code to the Acer. It finally works!

So I'm back in business with two computers, and a third one on the way. At least I'll get to see Michelle, hopefully on Sunday.

We're still hunkered down in Atlantic City. The wind has moderated to around 20 knots and the rain is light. I probably should have resumed southward travel today. Tomorrow the weather is predicted to be somewhat worse! Yikes!

So now that I can deal with photos again, here's the first Pelican we saw, proof that we are not in Kansas anymore!




2 comments:

  1. Glad you will see Michelle - Hope the weather gets better. We had a coating of snow Thursday night - you better escape while you can! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks polyurea

    ReplyDelete