Sunday, September 20, 2009

Leaving in one week!

If the weatherman agrees, I'll be departing Castine Sunday the 27th for points south, along with my brother Steve and dog Riggs.

The windlass is installed (came out pretty good, I think) and the new 35 gal. holding tank is also installed in place of the old 9 gal. tank. Of course I had measured to confirm that the new tank would fit in its alloted space but I hadn't thought about measuring the path to get the new tank into that space. Not a problem! All I had to do was unbolt an item or two from the engine, remove the hot-water tank, knock out a vertical wooden support, and PUSH. The new tank is now plumbed in place and I won't have to hit a pump-out station every 2nd day.

I still have many small items to attend to before leaving, including getting everything I expect to need on board Spray, and finding places to stow everything. But I'll be ready.

Here's hoping that the weather for travel south is at least half as nice as we've had here in Maine for the past several weeks. Its really been spectacular. I just hope all the good weather doesn't get used up.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Uncle Bill! Great blog! I'm so excited about your trip, I'm glad we all get to experience it with you through your blog. Will you have a schedule for each destination, or are you just going when and where the see tells you?

    So exciting! Bon voyage Captain Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm - the DR. needs some help with spelling! Don't forget the triscuits. We will plan to see you in CT. Any sense of an itinerary?? Your seester.

    ReplyDelete