Saturday, September 26, 2009

I was worried about this....

Its been so beautiful in Maine in September that I jokingly worried that we'd use up all the good weather by the time departure date arrived. Sure enough, while today is beautiful, the weather report for tomorrow shows rain plus a gale watch offshore. Rain alone wouldn't delay departure, but wind (and resulting waves) certainly could. As it stands now, we'll probably delay departure until Monday morning. It'll still be somewhat windy and bumpy (possibly all week) but not as bad as they say Sunday will be.

Another benefit of delaying departure is that the extra day will allow more time for the 100 small tasks I still have to do before departure.

I hear that my brother Steve, who is along for the first week of cruising, has found free dock space for Spray in Essex CT for a few days. If anyone out there wants to join Riggs and I for the next leg of the cruise (including NYC harbor!), Essex would be a handy location to come aboard. So please email or call me (cell=207-902-2000) if you are up for an adventure!

Here's something new. I've added a SPOT satellite tracker device to Spray. If you click on Spray's picture (above left) you'll see a Google map showing Spray's current and recent positions. Pretty cool technology!

Stay tuned for departure report. Expected first night's anchorage is Tennants Harbor, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment