Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A busy month ahead

Spray will be departing for points south in just over a month and I've got a lot to do! I've been keeping a list of tasks rolling around in my head and its boggling my mind, so I thought I'd post a list here, both for my own use and for others to read and maybe hold my feet to the fire.

For the boat:
- Install drinking water filter (this task is underway and almost complete).
- Install anchor windlass. Spray's previous owner purchased a nice vertical-mount windlass but never installed it. Proper installation will require some significant work on Spray's bow and foredeck. Today I removed the existing bowsprit and anchor roller. These need to be reinstalled about 15" lower so they are at foredeck height as I want to mount the windlass directly on the foredeck.
- Install 2nd 'house' 4D battery and switch.
- Engine maintainence:
- Change engine oil (12 qts!), oil filters, fuel filters.
- Inspect raw-water cooling system (strainer, pump impeller, heat exchanger zinc).
- Install larger waste holding tank (replace current 10 gal tank with 25 gal or larger tank).
- Modify galley sink drain (grey water) to allow for overboard discharge or discharge to holding tank.
- Scrub the slime from the bottom (fortunately the water temp is pretty nice right now).

I'll post some needed 'for the house' projects in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bill =great Blog and great idea. You do have alot to do :(. Let us know if you want us to meet you in Portland or anywhere on the way down and in LI sound. Give
    Riggs a hug for me.Your seester

    ReplyDelete